Thursday, April 1, 2010

Daily Constitutional


Almost every weekday morning I walk fifteen minutes down a long street to catch the buses I need to get where I'm going. Most afternoons I get off at that same stop and walk the same route home.

Leftovers

I'm can be the kind of person who needs to change my routine frequently. When I was a gardener in charge of the maintenance of various houses, I'd frequently have to switch up the order in which I watered all their plants, just so I wouldn't go out of my mind with the sameness of my trajectory.

Girl with Just One Curl

And so, it's funny to realize, that after months now, I still am happy walking up and down the same street. I could certainly vary it up and take other routes to get to the bus stop. At times I change my path in little ways, but nothing significant.


It just seems that every day there's some new detail to observe. And when I take pictures they help me to remember and continue appreciating the old details at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment