Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cipote is 1/3 Cat

Last night I sat at my computer typing an email. Cipote approached and looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. I motioned for him to jump onto my lap. He geared up and landed with aplomb. Usually he likes to sit with his back to me, staring out at the world around us or reading what I'm typing. Barking at at the bats living in the non-functioning air conditioner (story about bats to come one of these days!).

This time though he couldn't get comfortable. Or perhaps, I wasn't reacting the way he wanted? He kept putting his front paws onto my shoulder and trying to climb up my torso as if I were a ladder. Initially I felt confused, but then I thought, "Does he want me to hold him? Is that it?"

And so I picked him up and held him in my arms. This made further typing impossible. So I walked with this little dog-cat-baby in my arms into the living room to sit down on the couch. Oh, Cipote. He stayed in my arms, fluttering his eyes, occasionally snoring a little, for the next 30 minutes, until A. scooped him up when she went to bed. I love this creature!

Cat-Dog, 1

Cat-Dog, 2

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that is so cute! You're going to miss that pup when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is so sweet.... Cipote needed the love and you shared it... yep, you will miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely miss him. And, yes, Cipote needs love all the time (and he's good at pretending that no one EVER gives him affection...or that at least in the last FIVE minutes they haven't) - sometimes he just barks until he gets the attention he wants. This manner of asking was a new one though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, my guess after noticing Cipote's attempt to crawl into my arms 1) after some fireworks went off and 2) after everyone started cheering and honking their horns at the conclusion of a soccer game, is that Cipote is actually scared and wants some comforting. Awww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo of your new haircut - it's very nice!

    ReplyDelete