Saturday, February 6, 2010

Polenta

Polenta down here is usually served in fried sticks that make me think of a cross between thick french fries and mozzarella sticks. As with most things that have been fried, it's quite tasty. Crispy on the outside, somewhat soft on the inside, a little salty and with that nice flavor of corn that I associate with polenta.

The other night however I was out to eat with friends. We ordered a plate of polenta. We had no idea what was in store for us! Also, most of the other dishes were meat-based so I helped myself amply to these delicious morsels of polenta. Below is a picture of what remained after SIX of us ate as much on the plate as we possibly could. In the background is another plate that included polenta on the side.


Given that I was raised with the importance of not wasting food, I elected to package this and bring it back to the hostel. Unfortunately, I had eaten so much already that I needed a little break from the stuff and couldn't eat them the next day, or the one following...or at all...within a week or so I think I'll be ready for some more, perhaps in smaller amounts though.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm....polenta!! Mmmmmmmmmmm....fried polenta!! Hahahaha!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...good stuff...dangerous though because it's hard not to have too many.

    ReplyDelete