Saturday, February 13, 2010

Going International


Airport Waiting
Originally uploaded by Blue Dragonfly Girl
I am just one of a handful of Social Work master's students from the University of Texas doing my final field internship abroad, so I thought I should give a shout-out to those who are also writing blogs about their adventures across the world:


In South Africa:
how do you say blog in tswana?
and
Ilene's South African Adventures
-------------------------------------------

In Tanzania:
Musings from Tanzania
-------------------------------------------

In Armenia:
Bigfoot's Carbon Footprint
------------------------------------------- 

In Mexico:
Ana V. Portillo's Blog
-------------------------------------------

In China:
Though not a social work student (that I know of), he's definitely studying abroad:
¡Keller's Cogitations!
-------------------------------------------

These blogs are awesome, fun and definitely worth checking out :-)

6 comments:

  1. I feel famous!

    And the other blogs are really good, too. Maybe they will replace my tv-watching time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does it feel to be famous? Pretty exciting stuff, really!

    As for tv-watching, unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get any of the channels to work with any of the 4 remote controls at my friend A's apartment and she's away traveling for carnaval, so I've replaced that with watching her collection of bootlegged American chick-flicks dubbed in Portuguese with Portuguese subtitles. Pretty interesting stuff because what is said and what is written doesn't match in the least.

    And who knew that Cameron Diaz and Jack Black spoke such brilliant Portuguese?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!! You're both figures on the internets/interweb. Kevin, I'll have to check out your blog!! Renny should write one too. :-)

    Cameron Diaz and Jack Black, hmmm...are you watching The Holiday? Haha Thanks for posting all of the other blogs A!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I watched a pirated version of The Holiday last time I was in Mexico! I think that is my favorite way to watch chick flicks. I'm considering picking up Valentine's Day from the subway vendors-- or maybe going to see it on $3 movie Wednesdays at the theater nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good mood!!!! they double now also the movies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supna, I love it when you laugh, even on the internet :-)

    And the movie was The Holiday. Except here it's called "O Amor não tira Férias" -- Love Doesn't Take Vacations. I couldn't for the life of me remember the English title.

    Renny - enjoy your Valentine's day chick-flick, whichever way you watch it.

    Abder - Luckily, movies aren't dubbed in the movie theaters (when I was in Spain they were, so you had to specifically go to "Original Version" movies theaters), but it seems that when they come out in DVD, there are lots of dubbed movies (and if they're bought bootleg, there's a good chance I won't have a choice what language I watch/hear the movie in) ;-)

    ReplyDelete