Thursday, January 14, 2010

Meet Cipote


Cipote
Originally uploaded by Blue Dragonfly Girl

One of my current housemates is the lovely Cipote. A. wrote me about him before I arrived. "He only likes women," she wrote, "He becomes very jealous of men." Luckily for me, I fit the description. It was love at first sight. When I'm sitting, he'll jump on my lap and sit there, on guard. Yesterday in the late afternoon, I was re-making my way through my old Portugues para Estrangeiros textbook and he snuggled with me on the couch. I fell asleep with one hand holding the closed book and one hand on Cipote. A. came in a little while later, dressed for the gym and asked me if I was ready to go, saying I could just stay there if I wanted. "I think I better go," I replied, "Or I'll stay here all evening."

6 comments:

  1. Cipote is very photogenic - a relaxed and trusting model.

    Does Cipote go walking with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! Yes, super photogenic!! How do you say his name? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went out for a walk in the park yesterday with A. & Cipote and it was quite lovely. Lots of folks on benches sipping on mate. And I believe the name is pronounced "See-poe-tay"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, it´s me, "A". The description of Cipote is perfect! he is lovely and he knows it ;-) And yes, Alison and him are in love with each other. And I am very happy to see this connection. Actualy his name has a meaning, it would something like "boy", "child" but its a special kind of boy, the kind that is always creating new things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOO cute!! I hope my future roommates are as good looking and photogenic :-)

    ReplyDelete