Monday, January 11, 2010

Amulets for my Adventure

My bags are packed...



I forgot what it's like to head out on an evening flight. I didn't want to wear my travel clothes all day long so I had to scrounge through what was left in my closet to keep me warm...Now I'm kind of regretting not having packed the cowboy boots to properly represent Texas while in Brazil....




I had a last lunch at the incomparable Veggie Heaven with my boyfriend, and my friends Chutney, Abder and Samini...mmm, bubble tea, Protein 2000, tangerine mushrooms, some dish with pineapple in it. What more could a girl want for a farewell meal shared with friends?

"Are you prepared?" asked Chutney, "Have you packed an umbrella?"

"Yes," I said, "I have an umbrella."

"Well," then she said with a nod of her head, "You're set."

Later, Abder came in with a second travel umbrella for me in UT orange. Now I'm doubly prepared...

---

I head to the airport in a little over an hour. Heating up more water for tea on the stove. Wearing the beautiful bracelet given to me by my friend Chutney to help me remain grounded while setting off to places unknown.




I'm feeling that mixture of emotions, unsurprising really. Excitement. Nervousness...some sadness as I say goodbye to wonderful people...the hardest will be my boyfriend when we finally hug goodbye at the airport.

Adventures await. I'm hoping for the grace to balance openness to the unknown with caution about the unknown...kind of like the saying, "Trust in God, but lock your car."

Stay tuned for updates as soon as I get access to internet in Brazil...

5 comments:

  1. Take care, dear lady, and have a wonderful adventure! I'll be keeping an eye on what you post here... cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! Can't wait to see your posts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments...I'm trying to figure out how to upload photos now. Fingers crossed, but it may not happen today. Porto Alegre is lovely and I will soon head out to explore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. grace and courage! we are with you... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. take care! and Put your soul at every second! You will love it more and the time will go fast! :)

    ReplyDelete