Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gratitude

 
Originally uploaded by Blue Dragonfly Girl
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin
---

I was the kind of 14-year-old who refused to cry during Romeo & Juliet and feigned indifference at the end of Titanic. And so, I find that I still can carry a small aversion to corny-ness. As if by being a little sappy, I might lose some coolness in the process. Luckily, over the years I have come to recognize that #1, I'm not exactly "cool" (and that's it way more fun to be a dork) and that #2 it's alright to shed a tear during a movie and perhaps to express some sentimentality from time to time.

And so on that note, here's a thank you to many wonderful, compassionate, loving, supportive, awesome, funny, inspiring, silly, sweet, generous people in my life. I feel so lucky to know you. Thank you. Namaste. Shuukriyaa. Gracias. Obrigada.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being all of those qualities too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Supna and thanks for the gorgeous bracelet. It's definitely coming on the flight with me on my wrist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Supna!

    I believe that what we put out will save us, and that what we keep inside will destroy us.... so ...start crying is Okay! lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete