Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back in Porto Alegre


Originally uploaded by Blue Dragonfly Girl
We drove into the city last night in our rental car. We'd made good time from Santa Catarina. And then, in some apparently subconscious attempt to counteract that, we spent at least 30 insane minutes trying to access a gas station to fill up. From there we hopped a ride ride back home to A.'s with an angry cabbie who refused to make a U-turn to the correct side of the street.

Ahhh, it felt so nice to be back! Especially since I'd somehow managed to come down with some sort of flu-like sickness while at the beach (Seriously?! Getting sick at the beach. Not cool!). I was so grateful to have a comfy bed to lie down on to sweat away some of the sickness.

But, the real question of the day was: will A's dog Cipote, who notoriously does not like men, get along with my boyfriend? They had met each other briefly the morning we left for the beach, and Cipote had warmed up to him, surprising both A. and myself. We crossed our fingers that this was a good sign.

However, Cipote's vigorous, threatening barking as soon as we walked in the front door did not bode well for their relationship. "Oh no," I thought, "This may be difficult."

Luckily, my boyfriend first bribed Cipote with food and then took the time to give him lots and lots of affection (after Cipote deemed it okay, of course). This morning I walked into the living room to see the two of them hanging out together on the couch. I think Cipote has allowed my boyfriend to be an exception to his no-men rule!

---

P.S. After what feels like absolute ages away in Foz do Iguaçu and Praia do Luz, I have LOTS to write about and many photos to share. More posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment