Friday, March 5, 2010

Waterfalls everywhere, but I'm showing you towels


Originally uploaded by Blue Dragonfly Girl
This was one of the groovy towels that greeted my boyfriend and I when we made it to our hotel room in the quiet town of Foz do Iguaçu.

A flickr reader named NoNo Joe described this creation in the following manner: "Looks like it sucked on a lemon."

The housekeepers created these fancy towel formations for us on the first day. And the second. But on the third day?
On the third day, they folded them like normal. Did we fail to show our appreciation of towel origami, I wonder?!

And yes, I have some pictures of the beautiful scenery of the area (hint: expect some photos with waterfalls. I'll try to control how many I post), but I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, despite the gorgeous sunset outside the window.

Therefore, just as we were greeted with the artistic vision of these towels at least one day before we were awed by the natural wonders of the area, I will also start y'all with this random piece of my adventures as a tourist and then move onto bigger things.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear you got sick, LA! all is well up here - looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing your stories!

    you've been much remembered this weekend for sam's wedding stuff. anne and sacha came dressed as you and your boyfriend last night to the potluck. we *almost* didn't even notice it wasn't you until we saw how far her legs poked out the bottom of your pants that we got suspicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious, kcm! Anne and Sasha are awesome! I love that they did that and feel rather touched that they helped us at least be there in a (slightly taller) spirit ;-)

    ReplyDelete